In order to submit an application for housing at Providence John Gabriel House, you must meet the following initial eligibility requirements. Other eligibility criteria for housing will be verified when an application reaches the top of the wait list (e.g. criminal background check, student status, etc.).
- At the time of application, the head of household, spouse or co-head of household must be 62 years of age or older
- Maximum household size for a studio or one-bedroom apartment is 2 persons
- Minimum household size for a two-bedroom apartment is 2 persons, and the maximum household size is 5 persons, depending on household composition
- A few apartments are subsidized by King County Housing Authority
- Apartments are designated for households at or below 30%, 40% and 60% of area median income for household size as determined by HUD and rents are fixed based on those designations.
- The maximum allowable household income as of March 28, 2016 is as follows, based on the size of the household.
- 1-Person Household: $40,320
- 2-Person Household: $46,080
- 3-Person Household: $51,840
- 4-Person Household: $57,600
- 5-Person Household: $62,220
*HUD Income Limits are subject to change without notice
Please note that we will run a tenant screening report when qualified applicants reach the top of the wait list. There is no charge to applicants for running the report, and the report is usable only for properties owned and managed by Providence. For information about our screening criteria, refer to the Tenant Selection Plan. If you have completed a comprehensive reusable tenant screening report at another property, you may choose to share that with us, but you are not required to do so.