In order to submit an application for housing at Providence Emilie House, you must meet the following initial eligibility requirements. Other eligibility criteria for housing will be verified when an application reaches the top of the wait list (e.g. criminal background check, student status, etc.).
- At the time of application, the head of household, spouse or co-head of household must be 62 years of age or older, or 18 years or older with a verifiable disability that requires residency in a mobility unit
- Maximum household size for a one-bedroom apartment is 2 persons
- Applicants must disclose their social security numbers at the time of application, and will be required to provide documentation during the initial eligibility process
- Household income must be at or below HUD’s financial criteria for receiving rental assistance, which is 50% of the Area Median Income for Multnomah County, OR. HUD income limits as of March 28, 2016 are as follows:
- 1-Person Household: $25,700
- 2-Person Household: $29,350
*HUD Income Limits are subject to change without notice
Please review the Tenant Selection Plan for further eligibility requirements that may impact eligibility for housing.