In order to submit an application for housing at Providence St. Francis House, you must meet the following initial eligibility requirements. Other eligibility criteria for housing will be verified when an application reaches the top of the wait list (e.g. criminal background check, student status, etc.).
- At the time of application, the head of household, spouse or co-head of household must be 62 years of age or older
- Maximum household size for a one-bedroom apartment is 2 persons
- Applicants must disclose their social security numbers at the time of application, and will be required to provide documentation during the initial eligibility process
- Household income must be at or below HUD’s financial criteria for receiving rental assistance, which is 50% of the Area Median Income for Thurston County, WA. HUD income limits as of March 28, 2016 are as follows:
- 1-Person Household: $25,800
- 2-Person Household: $29,450
*HUD Income Limits are subject to change without notice
Please note that we will run a tenant screening report when qualified applicants reach the top of the wait list. There is no charge to applicants for running the report, and the report is usable only for properties owned and managed by Providence. For information about our screening criteria, refer to the Tenant Selection Plan. If you have completed a comprehensive reusable tenant screening report at another property, you may choose to share that with us, but you are not required to do so.
Please review the Tenant Selection Plan for further eligibility requirements that may impact eligibility for housing.