Providence House Oakland's apartment wait list is currently closed. Please check back here at that time for application materials.
In order to submit an application for housing at Providence House Oakland, you must meet the following initial eligibility requirements. Other eligibility criteria for housing will be verified when an application reaches the top of the wait list (e.g. criminal background check, student status, etc.).
- At the time of application, the head of household, spouse or co-head of household must be 18 years of age or older with a verifiable disability*
- Maximum household size for a one-bedroom apartment is 2 persons
- Minimum household size for a two-bedroom apartment is 2 persons, and maximum is 4 persons
- Applicants must disclose their social security numbers at the time of application, and will be required to provide documentation during the initial eligibility process
- Household income must be at or below HUD’s financial criteria for receiving rental assistance, which is 50% of the Area Median Income for Alameda County, CA. HUD income limits as of March 28, 2016 are as follows:
- 1-Person Household: $34,150
- 2-Person Household: $39,000
- 3-Person Household: $43,900
- 4-Person Household: $48,750
*HUD Income Limits are subject to change without notice
Please review the Tenant Selection Plan for further eligibility requirements that may impact eligibility for housing.
*Please note that at Providence House Oakland, applicants may qualify for priority placement on the waitlist if they qualify for one or more specific preferences, which must be verifiable. Applicants whose income is below 30% of the Area Median Income, who are homeless, are paying more than 50% of their income for rent, or are in danger of being involuntarily displaced, or who have disabling HIV or AIDS receive preference on the waitlist. Those who meet all three preferences are placed above those that meet two, one or none of the preferences. Please review the Tenant Selection Plan for further information.